Sunday, October 21, 2007

Terrible threes or just plain spoiled?

Mallory had the worst fit today and of course it was in church. She was so horrible before we even left to go, but we insisted on going. We get there and all h-e-l-l breaks out. She doesn't want to be left alone in Sunday School, so we stay with her. She won't go up front with her class and sing, so she sits on my lap. She tells me she doesn't want me and I think good, that's good, she'll do this. As soon as I step away, she wants R. I go to her and she just throws this fit. We finally take her and sit in the back. She won't go up and sing. She won't let go of us, but yet she doesn't want us. She pushes and screams. I take her out and to the bathroom because I actully needed to go. She just cries and carries on. She ends up getting spanked which does no good. Isnt' the saying spare the rod, spoil the child? I take her back in to see if she will play with the musical toys the other kids are playing with and she just won't. We sit down and she proceeds to hit me. That's when things really got bad. I just about hit her back and hard. I was so FURIOUS. Of course R sees this from a distance and looses it. He starts yelling at her, she's crying, and yes, hello, we are still in church. We put her down a hallway out of earshot of everyone else and let her get over it, a time out deal. It doesn't get any better. People are walking by wondering what is going on. They try to comfort us by telling us stories of their kids, which really only makes us more upset. R looks like he's going to shoot steam out of his ears.

As soon as she sees us, she just starts screaming again. This is the most spoiled little girl and I'm done with it. She was so horrible!!! We finally left. I got up early to go to Sunday School and Church only to leave early and deal with this monster of a child. I then lost it in the car and was just screaming at her. I have never been so ashamed and embarrassed. What are we doing wrong that she thinks she can do this? Of course, by leaving church, she has won and that just pisses me off even more. We should have left her in Sunday School to see how she would be without us. That is the plan for next week.

Then there's the thought, what if they don't want her back? What if my child is the child teachers don't want in class because she is so horrible? I discipline her at home, but R lets her get away with everything. We talk about this and he fixes things for about 5 minutes and then goes right back to letting her get away with things. She thinks that he is her toy and whenever she wants something she gets it. For example, if little miss wants to watch a movie, he will stop what ever he's watching and let her watch something. If she wants to play a game, he's jumping up to get one out. This is true for most everything that goes on in our house. I am so sick of it and he just won't change. The situation is just getting worse. He's a great dad and there for her always, but she sees that as whatever I want, I just need to ask Daddy. Oh, and if I here her say, I can't one more time, I might wash her mouth out with soap or worse. I'm probably going to end up in trouble for saying these things, but those of you who know me, know I just need to vent.

Here's to a happier week!
CDR

No comments: