I was checking out the last date that I wrote and thought I should at least write something.
Life has been very busy over the past three weeks. I have been working on my practicum which, to those of you not in my program, it's my internship. However, I don't like to call it that because people automatically assume that I am working on my undergrad degree. I guess it's a good thing that people think that, if they they think I look young, but I really think that they think I'm some old lady trying to get some degree late in life. Several people at the place where I'm doing this have given me some quizzical looks, but hey, oh well. I'm making some really good connections there and in fact am applying for a job as a media specialist tomorrow. I'm not finished with the program until Christmas, but it can't hurt to apply. We'll see how that goes.
I went back home this weekend with M. It's a four hour drive and she does really well in the car. I have the world's smallest bladder and had to stop three times on the way there to use the girls room. She was a bit annoyed with me that we weren't at Bumpa's house yet. I didn't stop once on the way home today. I chose my drinks carefully. Anyway, we went there to visit family and to go to a baby shower. One of my cousins/good friend is having a baby in December, but she lives in Arizona. The shower was now because this is when she would be here. It was so nice to be able to visit with her and my other cousin. I don't get to see them often and we were really close as kids. Also, my little M was really good. She just requires a lot of energy and I'm exhausted. She was so sweet in her party dress and really was a trooper all weekend. She did finally take a nap on the way home today, which was great. Traffic was a bear though.
I can't remember how much of my brother's life story I've talked about so I'll be brief. My oldest brother is married and has two boys, twins. They are seven. Anyway, three times D has ended up in jail or rehab for a serious drug problem. She recently got out, again, and is home with her family. My brother made this decision and I want very badly to support him. I have this feeling though that the problem will happen again. What then? What about the boys? They have been through so much and all I, or anyone in the family wants, is for this to be OK. Trust has been lost and is very hard to gain back. I saw them today in church, which is a good start, but I just don't know what to say to her. Do I just ignore the problem? Do I talk to her like it never happened and move on? Do I pull her aside and tell her what I really think? I want to make sure that kids don't hear me, but I also don't want my brother to be mad at me. It's a weird situation.
I guess that's it for now.
LOL,
CDR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment